Saturday, March 17, 2007

SIMPLFY


Has anyone ever thought Blogging was a little pretentious. It feels that way to me, (no offense to other Bloggers.I don't think you are pretentious) It's just why does anyone care what I have to say! I know that sounds very ugly and I don't mean it to sound as pitiful as it does. I do like the aspect of reaching out to family and friends who if I did not have this blog might not know what was going on with me. So with that, today it's about SIMPLIFYING! I bought this little wood sign and it reads SIMPLIFY. Of course I love it, but what does that mean because the truth is we all love stuff. I mean who dosen't love stuff. Clothes,cars,toys,computers,motorcycles,ipods,shoes,etc....Let me tell you I love to shop but when does wanting things become a problem. If I'm living on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, does that mean I'm simplifying? Not really. See, the problem is this: We wan't to own nice things, but not have the nice things own us. When do we break the love of things cycle. How do we teach our children to rise above this but still be realistic. Because let's face it we are living in the 2007's and not being a little materialistic might be asking just a little too much. I guess it's a peace of mind thing, to be happy without all the stuff but to feel blessed with what you do have. I wan't to see beyond the " keeping up " theory, and I wan't my daughter to also see beyond. I wan't life to just be SIMPLER.

2 comments:

coolskool mom said...

Nice sign, nice lamenting!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean. It seems like God sometimes has to strip us of things to allow us to see all that we really do have, if that makes sense.