Monday, March 26, 2007

The how's and the why's


We have officially moved into the "WHYS" with our daughter. She is not yet three and oh so curious. She seems need to know in extreme detail about everything. I love this, but how long can you explain the story of Jonah. For some reason she has been intrigued by the story of Jonah for quite some time. She can tell me the story backwards and forwards but still she continues to ask....
"Mom, why Jonah get swallowed by the whale?"
"Because he disobeyed God" I always say
"Why he disobey God ?" she says
"Because he made a bad choice"
"Why the whale spit him out?"
"Because God gave Jonah a second chance"I tell her
"Like when I don't eat my lunch, and then I get a consequence but then I get another chance" She say's
"Yep, just like that. Being swallowed by the whale was Jonah's consequence"
"I don't wan't to have to get swalled by a whale Mom"
"Then you better eat your lunch" I say
"But,why did God give Jonah a second chance?'
And so this goes on for a very looong time. And it does not get her to eat lunch either. As I said before I love this and I love that she can find the way to relate her own life to this story. Pretty good for a not quite three year old.

2 comments:

coolskool mom said...

She is still fasinated by that story huh? So funny! she is a crack up!

Unknown said...

How cute. We are in the throws of the "why's" too. I try to find joy in this time even though it's hard sometimes with the same questions over and over. She is such a cutie pie.